Last modified on 23 Aug, 2021
At Carbon Managers we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Carbon Managers Limited, of The Green Building, Stubbs Lane, Beckington, Near Frome, Somerset BA11 6TE.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Tracey Spanswick.
Information we may collect from you:
When you make an application on this website, over the phone or in person, we will collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your application. The sort of personal data we may collect will be information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and personal travel preferences. We need to collect this information to arrange your quote and any other services you are requesting.
If you make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us once the transaction has taken place.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer and improve this website
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To process a booking
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- For our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If you made an enquiry or purchase with us, your personal data may be used by us to contact you via email, telephone, text or post with information and offers relating to products or services similar to those about which you enquired or which you purchased.
- We will only do this if you have not opted-out of such marketing either at the point where we collected your contact details; by contacting us on any of the contact details provided.
How long we keep your information for:
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. If you have made an enquiry with us we will keep your information for up to 3 years from the date of your last correspondence, or account activity.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not pass your contact details to a third party for marketing purposes unless you have agreed that we may do so.
- We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agent subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. Such service providers include email and digital marketing agencies and our payment processing company.
- When we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
- When necessary, and in line with our application conditions, we may also pass your contact details onto the member of our team managing your quote.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Carbon Managers Ltd, The Green Building, Stubbs Lane, Beckington, Somerset BA11 6TE
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Low Carbon Leasing Limited, our partners Carbon Managers Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- To assist in providing the goods or services you may order from us
- As otherwise set out in this policy, or as set out by our website terms and conditions of use and/or our terms and conditions of hire.
- Cookies also allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by selecting "No thanks" when the cookie prompt is shown on opening the website. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. We will use the data provided by Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to develop the site and content around our users’ interests.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How can you contact us about this notice?
The Green Building, Stubbs Lane