- One person causes about 10 tonnes of carbon dioxide to be emitted a year. One tree
removes about a tonne of CO2 over its lifetime.
- By cooling the air and ground around them, the shade from trees helps cool the Earth's
- A single mature beech tree can produce enough oxygen
for 10 people in a year.
- Trees renew our air supply by absorbing carbon dioxide and producing oxygen.
- Shade trees can make buildings up to 20 degrees cooler in the summer.
- Trees lower air temperature by evaporating water in their leaves.
- Tree roots stabilize soil and prevent erosion.
- Trees improve water quality by slowing and filtering rain water, as well as protecting
aquifers and watersheds.
- Over one given year; one hectare of mature woodland will absorb the carbon emissions
of 100 average family cars.
- It is estimated that the average person in the UK consumes the equivalent of 12
trees a year. This present rate of world consumption is unsustainable and yet trees
are vital to our life on earth.
The Carbon Managers Ltd - The Green Building - Beckington - Bath - BA11 6TE
Copyright © 2012